Aside from providing students with a safe and affordable place to live that’s close to their classes and campus amenities, HBU’s on-campus residences make acclimating to college life easy. They put students together in one place, making it easy to form new friendships, get involved in different events and organizations, and take part in study groups. They also help students to grow spiritually, develop interpersonal skills, learn about diverse cultures and become more self-disciplined, all while in a community of friends, peers and mentors.
At HBU, we realize that not all students want the same thing when it comes to housing, so we offer a variety of different options, from residence colleges to student apartments to living-learning communities.
Step 2: Apply
HBU Residence Life uses Residence by Symplicity for our housing application. Log-in instructions along with a personalized link to the online application will be emailed to Deposited students.
Any questions, please contact the Residence Life Department
Because of HBU’s commitment to the residential experience, students are required to live on campus unless one or more of the following exceptions apply:
- Students who have completed 64 credits prior to the beginning of the semester entering
- Married Students
- Graduate Students
- Part-time Students
- Students living at home with parents/legal guardian
- 21 years of age or older prior to September 1
Any student who does not meet these criteria and desires to live off campus must submit a Off-Campus Housing Petition.
Off-Campus Housing Petition
The process for Off-Campus Housing Petition is listed below:
- Complete the housing application sent to you via email link and select yes to the commuter question
- Log into Huskynet and complete the form under the Personal Information tab
- Email supporting documentation to reslife@HBU.edu (proof of residency, etc)
- The off-campus petition committee will meet and go over every case that week
- The student will then be contacted with the final determination of form
Room Rates & Floor Plans
The benefits of residing on campus are abundant, and research shows that students who live on campus have a more productive and ultimately more satisfying college experience. That’s why, at HBU, you’ll find a campus that’s also a thriving community—one that fosters collaboration, friendship and spiritual development.
Explore the current Rates and Floor Plans
The HBU Housing Agreement and Community Guidelines are made available online for your convenience. The Housing Agreement and Community Guidelines are included in and agreed upon during the housing application process.
View the HBU Housing Agreement.