School of Fine Arts
Our mission is to mentor and educate students towards professional excellence in artistic creation for the glory of God.
To be the premiere Christian school of fine arts through our commitment to apprenticeship across creative disciplines, building on traditional foundations with an eye towards tomorrow’s opportunities.
- We believe in the power of art to transform both the audience and the artist.
- We believe students should understand the tradition from which our work comes, placing it within its historical, social, and critical context.
- We recognize change and innovation as a constant; therefore we must provide our students with the breadth of knowledge and creative strategies to adapt to whatever new opportunities might emerge.
- We believe in a faculty of practitioners who are devoted to their disciplines and have high-level real world experience as working artists.
- We value all of the arts as necessary for an enriched society and thriving economy.
Houston Baptist University is proud of its comprehensive band program which includes the Marching Band, Symphonic Band and the Pep Band.
All HBU students are invited to sing in one of our choral ensemble choirs. They are conducted by Dr. Kevin Klotz, director of Choral Activities and Chair of the Music Department.