- PhD in Biology, Texas Tech University
- BS in Biology and Chemistry, Howard Payne University
- Introduction to Microbiology
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II
- Introduction to Biology
- General Biology I and II
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Nutrition and Metabolism
- Bioanalytical Methods
- Senior Seminars
- Integrating Biological Concepts
Recent published articles include:
- “A virion-associated protein kinase induces apoptosis.” Chitnis NS, Paul ER, Lawrence PK, Henderson CW, Ganapathy S, Taylor PV, Virdi KS, D’Costa SM, May AR, Bilimoria SL. J Virol. 2011 Dec;85(24):13144-52.
- “Induction of apoptosis by iridovirus virion protein extract” Paul ER, Chitnis NS, Henderson CW, Kaul RJ, D’Costa SM, Bilimoria SL. Arch Virol. 2007;152(7):1353-64.
Dr. Henderson has a research background in molecular biology, and has worked on projects that earned grants from the Texas Applied Technology Program and the Texas Applied Research Program. Dr. Henderson studied viral mechanisms that shut down host cell metabolism in insect cell lines and the cotton boll weevil.
Dr. Henderson has served the Faculty Assembly Executive Committee in several roles and is currently a member of the University Professional Grown Committee and the University Quality Enhancement Plan Committee. Dr. Henderson has also served on several committees within the College of Science and Mathematics.
Dr. Henderson is a past member of the Texas Chapter of the American Society for Microbiology and is a current member of the National Association of Biology Teachers (NABT), Community of Genetics Educators (COGE) , and the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS). He is also a contributor to the HAPS histology slide database.