Life in Houston
The city of Houston, one of the largest and most diverse metropolitan centers in the nation, ranks among the best places in the country to launch a career or establish a business. It’s also an ideal spot to obtain the kind of all-around education that helps our students succeed at all aspects of life.
Located halfway between downtown and the city’s southwestern suburbs, HBU provides easy access to the full range of educational, professional and cultural opportunities that Houston has to offer.
- Theater District (Hobby Center, TUTS, Wortham Center, and Discovery Green, Alley Theatre)
- Museum District (Children’s Museum of Houston, Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, The Menil Collection, Holocaust Museum Houston, Houston Museum of Natural Science and many more)
- Parks (Memorial Park, Hermann Park, Houston Zoo)
- Sports Venues (Toyota Center, Reliant Stadium, Minute Maid Park, BBVA Compass, Constellation Field)
- Food & Shopping (Galleria, City Centre, First Colony Mall, Memorial City Mall) Check out your options and even book a reservation through Open Table’s Houston Restaurants page!
From world-class shopping to professional sporting venues and dynamic churches to critically acclaimed restaurants representing more than 35 countries, Houston has it all. As a member of the HBU community, you’ll discover that the opportunities available on campus are enhanced by the exciting adventures and amazing quality of life in the city we call home.
Houston is good for much more than just expanding your horizons and finding fun things to do. It’s also an excellent setting in which to gain practical experience and hands-on preparation for your personal as well as professional life. With the multitude of internship and job opportunities offered by its national and international businesses and globally renowned healthcare facilities, including many Fortune 500 companies, there’s no better place to take your education to the next level.