Freshmen students are students attending HBU directly after high school graduation.
Welcome to Houston Baptist University! As a member of the freshman class you will become part of a Christian university committed to academic excellence, the enrichment of spiritual lives and the development of moral character.
We look forward to being there as you begin a new chapter in your life; one that will be full of opportunities for building relationships and defining your life.
Apply to HBU
Submit your High School Transcript
- Submit an official transcript from each high school you have attended. Transcripts will only be considered official when sent directly from the institution to HBU. *Please note that even if transcripts are sent electronically, they will take at least 2 weeks to be received and processed.
- Transcripts can be sent a few ways:
- Submit electronically: Ask your counselor or registrar to send your transcript to HBU!
- Send.edu code: 6282
- TREX code: 6282
- Clearinghouse (college transcripts only): 6282
- Mailed to: Houston Baptist University
Office of Admissions
7502 Fondren Rd
Houston, TX 77074
Submit Official SAT, ACT, or CLT Scores
You can check with your high school counselor to see if your high school includes your test scores on the back of your transcript. If they do, we can take those scores as official. If not, and if you didn’t select HBU as one of the schools to have your scores automatically sent to, please go to the appropriate website below to have your scores sent our way!
- CLT (Classical Learning Test)
What Are HBU's Admissions Requirements?
Generally speaking, HBU is looking for students in the top half of their high school class and with a 1070 or higher on the SAT (Math and EBRW sections combined), 21 composite score on the ACT, or 69 on the CLT.*
Here are some stats on the incoming freshman class of Fall 2019:
- 57% were in the top quarter of their high school class
- The average RSAT score (Math and EBRW combined) was 1110
- The average ACT composite score was 22
*These qualifications do not guarantee acceptance to HBU.
The following links are items of interest for freshmen: