Freshmen students are students attending HBU directly after high school graduation.
Welcome to Houston Baptist University! As a member of the freshman class you will become a part of a Christian university committed to academic excellence, the enrichment of spiritual lives and the development of moral character.
We look forward to being there as you begin a new chapter in your life—one that will be full of opportunities for building relationships and defining your life.
Apply to HBU
Complete and submit our online application.
Submit your High School Transcript
- Submit an official transcript from each high school you have attended. Transcripts will only be considered official when sent directly from the institution to HBU. *Please note that even if transcripts are sent electronically, they will take at least 2 weeks to be received and processed.
- Transcripts can be sent a few ways:
- Submit electronically: Ask your counselor or registrar to send your transcript to HBU!
- Send.edu code: 6282
- TREX code: 6282
- Clearinghouse (college transcripts only): 6282
- Mailed to: Houston Baptist University
Office of Admissions
7502 Fondren Rd
Houston, TX 77074
Submit Official SAT, ACT, or CLT Scores
NOTE: Test Optional Policy applies for Spring/Summer/Fall 2022 admissions.
If you applied as a traditional freshman (with test scores) and your SAT, ACT, or CLT scores are included on the back of your transcript, HBU will take those scores as official. If the scores are not included, and if you did not select HBU as one of the schools to receive your scores, please go to the appropriate website below to have your scores sent our way.
If you applied at “test optional”, test scores are not required.
- CLT (Classical Learning Test)
What Are HBU's Admissions Requirements?
Generally speaking, HBU is looking for students in the top half of their high school class and with a 1070 or higher on the SAT (Math and EBRW sections combined), 21 composite score on the ACT, or 69 on the CLT.*
Here are some stats on the incoming freshman class of Fall 2021:
- 51% were in the top quarter of their high school class
- The average RSAT score (Math and EBRW combined) was 1144
- The average ACT composite score was 25
*These qualifications do not guarantee acceptance to HBU.
The following links are items of interest for freshmen: