Final GO ("Get Oriented") Session on 8/9

Our FINAL orientation and registration event is Wednesday, August 9th! RSVP now to save your spot!

Learn More

Plan Your Visit!

Now is a great time to plan out your personal campus visit for this Fall! Sign up for your date of choice now before they fill up.

Learn More

Recently Been Admitted?

Pay your $100 Enrollment Deposit and you'll get your "soft-style" "I'm a Husky" shirt and be able to sign up for Mini GO!

Learn More

Eligibility and Dependency Status

To receive student financial aid from federal programs, you must:

  1. Be enrolled in a degree or certificate program or other program leading to a recognized educational credential, or in a program of study abroad approved for credit at Houston Baptist University.
  2. Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.
  3. Be registered with Selective Service if you are a male who is 18 to 25 years old.
  4. Be making satisfactory academic progress.
  5. Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended, at any institution.
  6. Sign a statement of educational purpose saying that you will use your federal student aid funds only for expenses related to attending the university.
  7. Not have borrowed in excess of annual or aggregate limits on any Title IV loan.
  8. Not be simultaneously enrolled in an elementary or secondary school.
  9. Demonstrate financial need if you are applying for a need-based award, such as the Federal Pell Grant.
  10. Reapply annually to receive an evaluation of your eligibility for aid.

Dependency Status

Dependent students are considered dependent on their parents and must report parents’ financial information as well as their own. A dependent student is one who does not fall into one of the categories given under the definition of an independent student. An independent student reports only his or her income information (and that of a spouse, if the student is married) when applying for federal student aid.

Under the federal definition, an independent student is one who is: 24 years old before January 1 of the award year, a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces, an orphan or ward of the court, has legal dependents other than a spouse, married at the time of applying for aid, or a graduate or professional student.

Information included in this publication is subject to change. Contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions you may have about this information.

© 2020 Admissions