Faculty Services from Moody Library
The Library presents a wealth of information to create meaning assignments as well as to help you and your students learn how to be better researchers. You can always call the Library Circulation Desk at 281-649-3304. Reference Desk is open between 7:30 AM and 9:00 PM (7:00 pm in the summer). You can call the desk at 281-649-3180 or email reference desk.
How can the library equip our faculty?
We can do both short and long presentations depending on your needs. Here are some ways we can help:
New Faculty LibGuide – get an over of library services to fill your research needs and that of your students.
- Information Literacy and Critical Thinking Modules – There’s no other way to say it. This is a great resource that can be added to your Blackboard content page. You can pick from over 60 video or tutorial modules you want and add into Blackboard at the point. There are also quizzes that are available that tie directly into the Blackboard grade book. Here is the video guide that shows you how to do it. Be sure to download the PDF User Guide for use with the tutorial. Feel free to visit and review the entire collection and see how they can be a benefit for your students!
- Curriculum Builder – an outstanding way to easily add and make the library vast digital resources to your Blackboard course content. This includes articles and E-books. Check out our self-guided tutorial to see how easy it is!
- Learn which databases and other resources that can help most for a specific assignment.
- Learn how to phrase searches for the most relevant results.
- Learn about e-book resources.
- Learn how to better use the library catalog.
- Learn how to utilize database resources by emailing articles, saving articles, creating links to journal articles for inclusion in term papers.
- Learn about resources for tests and measures.
What information resources are online?
The library offers an organized host of online services that are just a click away. What do we offer?
- Search catalogs (Visit our self-guided catalog tutorial)
- Search for specific journal titles to over approximately 40,000 journal titles.
- Subject-based resources including databases and web sites.
- Full-text database searching of newspapers, and historical newspapers.
- Cross-checking journal databases. If one database does not have the article of interest, click the Full Text Finder button on your search results and check to see if full-text is available via another source.
- Over 200,000 e-books currently published books.
- E-Reference books. These will be displayed in the database section of the respective subject page.
- Dissertation Abstracts and WorldCat (Search books world-wide and request them).
- Access to your account to see what materials you currently have checked out and renew them online. Visit your account information page. You will need your HBU “H” number and a library PIN. Contact the Circulation Desk for more information at 281-649-3304. (Visit our self-guided tutorial about online renewals.)
What library services are available online?
- Curriculum Builder – easily create digital reading lists for your Blackboard courses with links to E-books and journals articles! This is a tremendous resource that can be used from within Blackboard. It is easy to use. Visit our tutorial to see how easy it is!
- Library Assignment Alert Form – Alert the librarians about an upcoming assignment so we can better support your students.
- Books – Interlibrary Loan – Request a book not accessible to or owned by Moody Library.
- Articles – Interlibrary Loan – Request journal articles not accessible to or owned by Moody Library.
- Placing Items on Reserve – Use this form to request specific items to be placed on class reserve.
- Requesting Library Instruction Services for your classes (form)
- New Book Request – If you have a resource that Moody Library does not have and you think we should, then please use this form to make your request.