Message from the Executive Director
We often say that at HBU we stand on the shoulders of our University Founders. I would also acknowledge that we are indebted to the women who came together 45 years ago to support a young Christian University, to affirm their faith and stand as His witness, and to join other women in Christian fellowship. The President’s Advisors was their creation … and while the name has changed to The Guild, its traditions have continued.
At HBU we celebrate many old traditions and recognize new ones that come with change … in a short 59 years HBC has become HBU, the enrollment has grown immeasurably, you can cheer the Huskies in NCAA Division I athletics … including football, and our first doctoral students have graduated! Emails and texts are now our communication links 24/7, Key Maps are a thing of the past, and SIRI means we never hear one say, “Go look it up in the dictionary.”
But here are a few traditions of The Guild that I pray will never change …
- We join together in worshipping Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior … regardless of our church affiliation.
- We affirm and support HBU … our students, faculty, staff, alumni … and our President and First Lady.
- We pray and lift up each other in times of sorrow and celebration.
- We enjoy coming together for parties, luncheons and endless committee meetings.
- We experience some of the best food — from River Oaks Country Club to the best recipes of fellow members — and we NEVER EVER count calories.
- We support graduate scholarships and change lives.And, most importantly, we serve as a witness to all and to each other!
I consider The Guild a place where lasting friendships are formed and where we can find our joy. Thank you for sharing in our traditions! Let’s celebrate the past 45 years, and … May God bless our future!
Always and Forever,