The Guild Graduate Scholarship
An Endowed Graduate Scholarship may be awarded to an outstanding applicant. Additional annual scholarships will also be awarded. Students will be required to reapply annually.
To be considered for a Guild Scholarship, all of your application materials for the Doctor of Education in Executive Educational Leadership, Master of Education, Master of Arts in Theological Studies, Master of Arts in Biblical Languages, Master of Arts in Christian Leadership or Master of Divinity program must be received by Graduate Admissions by May 1st.
- Complete the scholarship application.
- Submit a letter of introduction of yourself to the Guild committee addressing your Christian faith and how it relates to your vocation. In addition, please read the “Ten Pillars” vision document and discuss your personal mission statement in relation to the “Ten Pillars” (350 words or less).
- You must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75
- The DEADLINE for receipt of your admission and scholarship applications is May 1st. Recipients will be selected and notified before the start of the June summer semester.
- Please review the Graduate School application requirements in the “Admission Requirements” section of this website.
The Guild Graduate Scholarship Program Selection Criteria
The following criteria will be used:
- The applicant must be accepted into either the HBU Doctor of Education in Executive Educational Leadership, Master of Education, Master of Arts in Theological Studies, Master of Arts in Biblical Languages, Master of Arts in Christian Leadership or Master of Divinity program.
- The following items are required for program admission:
- Complete the application for the Graduate School
- Provide a current résumé.
- Official transcripts should be sent directly to The Graduate School from the college or university that awarded your bachelor’s degree and any additional coursework taken since that time.
- Submit two recommendation forms. Recommendations must be submitted to HBU by the individual providing the recommendation.
- The applicant must maintain a 3.0 GPA and good standing within the Graduate School for the duration of the scholarship period.
- Selected applicants must participate in a face-to-face interview with the Guild Scholarship Committee.
Please direct all required materials and completed documents to:
Graduate School – Guild Scholarship
Houston Baptist University
7502 Fondren Road
Houston, TX 77074-3298