HBU Career Fairs
Fall 2021 In-Person Career Fairs
- As always, employers can post jobs for HBU students and alumni on Handshake (hbu.joinhandshake.com)
Nursing & Healthcare Career Fair: Friday, September 24 (11am – 1pm)
- In partnership with the School of Nursing & Allied Health, as well as the Nursing Student Association, the Office of Career and Calling will be hosting the Nursing & Healthcare Career Fair! ALL MAJORS encouraged to attend.
Business Career Fair: Thursday, October 14 (Noon – 2pm)
- The Office of Career and Calling in partnership with the Archie W. Dunham College of Business brings students and alumni to look into all industries! This is a Business-Focused Career Fair offered at Houston Baptist University! All industries including Financial Services, Accounting Services, Consultancy, Government, Healthcare Administration, Technology, Retail & Hospitality, Staffing, Banking, Oil & Gas, Marketing/Advertising, Transportation & Logistics are invited! This comprehensive Career Fair is not just for undergraduates nor just for those seeking internships. This is a networking experience that encompasses undergraduate and graduates programs as well as alumni from the College of Business and students will be seeking internships alongside those seeking part-time and full-time jobs! ALL MAJORS encouraged to attend.
Education & Government Career Fair: Thursday, October 28 (1 – 3pm)
- In partnership with the College of Education & Behavioral Sciences and the Association of Student Educators, the Office of Career and Calling is announcing the Education Career Fair! The College of Education & Behavioral Sciences and the College of Arts and Humanities both have a plethora of programs/majors below for employers to consider. ALL MAJORS encouraged to attend.
Note: we are also planning virtual career fairs in Handshake More info and registration available soon!
Church & Faith-based Career Fair
Wednesday, March 31, 2021 (1-4pm) – Church & Faith-based Career Fair – Virtual (in Handshake platform)
In partnership with the School of Christian Thought and the office Spiritual Life, the Office of Career and Calling is announcing the Church & Faith-based Career Fair as a part of Ignite Spiritual Emphasis Week. Churches, camps, mission and non-profit orgs, and other faith-based entities looking to connect with students of all majors.
ALL MAJORS encouraged to attend.
Texas Job Fair
Tuesday, April 6, 2021 (10am-4pm) – Texas Job Fair – Virtual (in CareerECO platform)
More info for Students / Employers HERE
Each spring, the Houston Area Consortium of Career Centers hosts the Texas Job Fair – one of the largest college job fairs in Texas! This event attracts students and alumni from HACCC institutions, in addition to graduates from institutions throughout Texas. To learn more about The Texas Job Fair, view Job Seeker Information or Employer Information.
Recruiting at Houston Baptist University has never been more important to your recruiting needs than right now due to the changing landscape of the global job market and the baby boom generation retiring and leaving talent deficits in growing industries. Huskies represent a diversity of faith, culture, academic pursuits, and career ambitions. Below is a snapshot of why you need Huskies in your talent pipeline:
- Total Student Population: 3,300, Alumni Population: 20,000
- Ethnicity & Culture: 34% Latino, 27% Caucasian, 19% African American, 11% Asian, 4% Multi-Racial
- Gender: 63% Female, 38% Male (Undergraduate)
- Texas County of Origin: 54% Harris, 21% Fort Bend, 4% Brazoria, 3% Montgomery, 2% Galveston
- Popular Undergraduate Majors: Biology, Nursing, Education, Business Administration, Accounting, Cinema & Media Arts, Kinesiology-Wellness Management, Christianity
- Popular Graduate Majors: Curriculum & Instruction, Divinity, Fine Arts, Counseling, Human Resources, MBA
- Doctoral Major: Executive Educational Leadership
Regular Office Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm