We are currently closed for Summer. Counseling is available at the resources listed below.
- Counseling Services are provided to currently enrolled HBU students during the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Therapists see students by appointment only based on availability. If appointments are not available, community referrals will be provided.
- Questions, concerns or need resources? Contact email@example.com.
For immediate assistance please contact one of the following resources:
Christ-Centered Counseling for Texas Residents (Telehealth Available):
Julianna Poor Memorial Counseling Center at Houston’s First Baptist Church: Call 713-335-6462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. Inquire about a discounted fee for HBU students.
Counseling Center at Christ the King Presbyterian Church – email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. HBU students pay a discounted fee of $15/session.
Neema Counseling in Austin, Texas area – visit www.neemacounseling.com for information on how to schedule. There is an application for sliding scale fee on the website if needed. Can bill health insurance as an out-of-network provider.
- Neema Counseling has also started a support group for college students experiencing increased anxiety and stress due to all the changes related to COVID-19. Groups are $20 per session. Visit www.neemacounseling.com/covid19-college-student-support-group for more information.
- The Austin Stone Counseling Center has four locations in the Austin, Texas area that currently provide tele-mental-health services – visit www.austinstonecounseling.org for more information.
Crisis Hotlines and Emergency Resources:
If you or a loved one is experiencing a mental health crisis and need to speak to someone immediately, the following resources are available 24/7:
- Harris Center Hotline – 713-970-7000 (option 1)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline – 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741741
Harris County COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line: 1-833-251-7544
- National Domestic Violence Hotline and Safety Information – 1-800-799-7233 www.nocovidabuse.org
- On Campus – Call HBU Campus Police: 281-649-3911
- Off Campus – Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room
- Psalm 71 v1-14 – Read Responsively Across Two Continents – Psalm 71 verses 1-14 (ESV)
- A Guided Christian Meditation for Worry and Anxiety by Dr. Michael Cook
- A Guided Christian Meditation for Worry and Anxiety – Meditation Only by Dr. Michael Cook
- Cities of the World – Psalm 46 (LB) – Psalm 46
- Prayer for HBU by Dr. Nicolene Joubert
- Prayer of Hope by Dr. Nicolene Joubert
- Prayer for Comfort in Adversity and True Peace of Conscience by Johann Gerhard
- Prayer for the Preservation and Increase of Hope by Johann Gerhard
- Prayer for the Preservation and Increase of Faith by Johann Gerhard