The Gideon Institute Counseling Center provides counseling that is Christ-centered, biblically rooted, scientifically informed and clinically wise. Students from all faiths/spiritual backgrounds are welcome.
All Services are currently provided remotely via HIPAA-compliant telehealth. There is no waitlist for services.
The Counseling Center is open for the Spring and Summer Semesters – January 4 to July 30, 2021
The Counseling Center will be closed July 31 to August 15, 2021 to prepare for the Fall Semester
Call us to schedule an appointment with a therapist, sign up for a support group, or with questions or concerns.
Therapists see students for individual sessions:
- Must be an enrolled student and residing/physically present in Texas.
- Current students enrolled in Fall 2021 may also attend in the Summer (does not include incoming Freshmen)
- By appointment only
- Based on availability
- Eight individual sessions per school year, with option for more if needed
- Cost is $10 per individual session payable by credit card or HSA card
- Financial assistance available
Call 281-649-3431 between 8am-5pm to schedule an appointment.
Support Groups and Workshops
FREE – Students can attend as many support group meetings and workshops as desired. Groups meet weekly while classes are in session – join any time. Check often for workshop listings.
- Spring 2021 Groups:
- Minds Transformed: for those living with a mental health challenge –
- Wednesdays 4:15-5:45pm CST
- Hearts Transformed: female only – for survivors of sexual trauma/domestic violence
- Fridays 9:30-11:00am CST
- Have an idea for a workshop? Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 281-649-3431 between 8am-5pm for information or to sign up for a support group.