HBU Community Internship Program
The HBU Community Internship program is an intentional internship placement program available to all students at Houston Baptist University. To apply for the program or request more information, please click the link below to get started.
The HBU Community Internship program is an opportunity for employers to partner with the Office of Career and Calling to source students interested in Internships. To apply for the program or request more information, please contact HBU Office of Career and Calling.
Submit an Intern Position
Goals for the HBU Community Internship Program
- To strategically place students into paid/unpaid internships that will provide opportunities to gain professional experience in their respective field(s) of interest.
- To develop relationships with Community Internship Partners in all fields who are seeking interns to compliment their business needs and/or would like to create an internship just for HBU Huskies!
- To assist all students with securing employment and therefore gaining professional experience to place upon the resume which will ensure Huskies are competitive in today’s job market as well as when applying for graduate school.
- To equip our students in understanding the value of the knowledge and gifts they possess and will need beyond the classroom in order to vigorously pursue their careers and achieve their American Dream.
- To prepare students for the internship/job search and application process with a Community Internship Partner or an employer of interest by requiring a complete internship application, a professional resume, a successful mock interview, social media scrub, and an up-to-date LinkedIn profile before introducing the student to the employer.
The Career Shadow & Mentoring Program is geared for alumni interested in mentoring students and providing shadowing opportunities. To apply for the program or request more information, please contact HBU Alumni Relations.
Office of Career and Calling