Student Leadership is a large part of the student experience here at HBU. Student Involvement wants your leadership experiences to be impactful, meaningful, and effective. In efforts to streamline the leadership hiring process, we have implemented a common application that will be used for certain leadership opportunities at HBU. Below you will find the basic eligibility requirements for HBU student leadership.
Basic Leadership Eligibility Requirements
1. Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at Houston Baptist University.
2. Maintain a cumulative grade point average of no less than a 2.5 (minimum GPA requirement may vary per position).
3. Remain in good standing with the university (academic and conduct).
4. Adhere to all policies and standards as stated in the HBU Student Handbook.
5. Submit the Student Leadership Common Application by January 21st, 2020.
6. Some positions may require you to live on campus throughout the leadership position (varies based on position)
7. Create a profile on Hire-A-Husky (if you do not already have one) AND complete and upload an up-to-date resume onto your profile.
Additionally: You may be asked to complete additional steps per leadership opportunity you select to apply for.
Important Leadership Information
Students are able and encouraged to apply for ALL interested leadership positions. However, if a student decides to accept a student leadership position, he/she will only be able to participate in one position within category "A" and one within category "B" (would be encouraged not to select multiple positions within those same categories), and up to three positions in category "C". The student will be highly encouraged not to accept more than three leadership positions total per supervisor approval (all three selected positions can be category "C"). This process will ensure the potential for: more leadership opportunities to be had by different HBU students, increase leadership development with specific students in different areas, decrease student "over-involvement" and burn out, and overall better stewardship of the leadership opportunities we offer. By completing the Student Leadership Common Application and competing the process of applying for the multiple leadership interest, you are agreeing to the stipulations mentioned above. Should you be potentially selected for multiple positions within the same A or B category (ex: FYS Peer Mentor and Resident Assistant or SPB Exec and Campus Rec Leader) a preference email may be sent to you to rank your preference of leadership acceptance. This ranking may be taken into consideration in offerings.
- Resident Assistant
- FYS Peer Mentor
- Welcome Day Pack Leader
- Commuter Assistant
- FOCUS & Refuge