Student Leadership is a large part of the student experience here at HBU. Student Involvement wants your leadership experiences to be impactful, meaningful, and effective. In efforts to streamline the leadership hiring process we have implemented a common application that will be used for certain leadership opportunities at HBU. Below you will find the basic eligibility requirements for HBU student leadership.
Basic Leadership Eligibility Requirements
1. Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at Houston Baptist University.
2. Maintain a cumulative grade point average of no less than a 2.5 (minimum GPA requirement may vary per position).
3. Remain in good standing with the university (academic and conduct).
4. Adhere to all policies and standards as stated in the HBU Student Handbook.
5. Submit the Student Leadership Common Application by February 1, 2019.
6. Some positions may require you to live on campus throughout the leadership position (varies based on position)
7. Create a profile on Hire-A-Husky (if you do not already have one) AND complete and upload an up-to-date resume onto your profile.
Additionally: You may be asked to complete additional steps per leadership opportunity you select to apply for.
ASC Program Coordinator
BFC Rock wall Worker
Campus Recreation Leader
Campus Recreation Official
FOCUS & Refuge
FYS Peer Mentor/Welcome Day Pack Leader
HBU Embark Leader
Student Government Association Exec
Student Government Association Member
Student Programming Board Exec
Summer Camp HBU Counselor
Summer Launch Leader
Summer Odyssey Leader
Summer Orientation Leader (GO Team)
Summer Resident Assistant
Welcome Days Volunteer