HBU Student Leadership
Student Leadership is a large part of the student experience here at HBU. Student Involvement wants your leadership experiences to be impactful, meaningful, and effective. Various departments around campus offer leadership opportunities to help grow our student development.
Student Leadership Selection Process
In efforts to streamline the leadership hiring process; we have implemented a common application that will be used for certain leadership opportunities at HBU. Below you will find the basic eligibility requirements for HBU student leadership positions.
Basic Leadership Eligibility Requirements: A Student Leader at HBU must…
1. Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at Houston Baptist University.
2. Maintain a cumulative grade point average of no less than 2.5 (minimum GPA requirement may vary per position).
3. Remain in good standing with the university (academic and conduct).
4. Adhere to all policies, values, and standards as stated in the HBU Student Handbook.
5. Be able to articulate the mission and values of HBU and the Christian faith (university grant-funded positions require a statement of faith)
6. Submit the Student Leadership Common Application by February 11th, 2022.
7. Some positions may require you to live on campus throughout the leadership position (varies based on position)
8. Create a resume. Utilize the services of Career & Calling. Set up an appointment before your interviews to get great tips and tricks (www.hbu.edu/careerandcalling).
Additionally: You may be asked to complete additional steps per leadership opportunity you select to apply for.