Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta)
Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society at HBU (TriBeta at HBU) is a national honor society dedicated to students who are interested in understanding and promoting the biological sciences. TriBeta supports the HBU Biology Club, which is open to all students who possess an interest in biology and have taken a biology course at HBU.
Biology Club and TriBeta conduct biological research, participate in community service events, and take field trips to biologically relevant activities, such as the Houston Zoo, Houston Museum of Natural Science, and The Health Museum. We invite guest speakers, including our own HBU TriBeta alumni, to discuss research opportunities and various biologically related careers. HBU TriBeta members are also encouraged to publish their research in the Beta Beta Beta journal, BIOS.
Contact our President, Aria Dang, for more information about TriBeta.
- Instagram: follow hbutribeta
- Facebook: HBU Tri-Beta
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have an interest in biology
- Have taken or currently taking biology classes
- Annual Dues: $25
Students who have at least a “B” in BIOL 2454 (General Biology I), BIOL 2455 (General Biology II), and BIOL 3301 (Cell & Molecular Biology) and have completed at least three semesters at HBU, are encouraged to apply for national membership.
Membership is based on meeting the above requirements, as well as participation in Biology Club and service to the HBU Biology Department. TriBeta applications are accepted each Spring semester.
- Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society South Central Regional Convention.
- Research roundtables
- Guest speakers about research opportunities and relevant research projects.
- On-campus research projects are ran by Tribeta students and faculty members.