The Office of Career and Calling has designed the Community Internship Program to contribute to the professional development of HBU students. In addition, companies use Internships as a means of filling entry-level roles with students who have already been trained and are ready to engage as a valuable employee. We have put processes in place to ensure that students are prepared and confident when engaging employers. Likewise we engage employers to be partners in order to facilitate placement for students into relevant internship positions. Read more about the Community Internship Program @ hbu.edu/internship
Internship Week: October 15-18
Students can meet recruiters/employers from organizations looking to hire Interns. Here’s the week’s schedule:
- Monday, Oct. 15 (Noon-3pm): Professional Development Blitz in The Office of Career & Calling (Hinton 101/108)
- Tuesday, Oct. 16 (11am-2pm): Internship Job Fair in Hinton Lobby
- Wednesday, Oct. 17 (11am-2pm): Internship Job Fair in Hinton Lobby
- Thursday, Oct. 18 (10:30am-Noon): Brunch & Learn Panel of Employers and Alumni (Dillon II)
We can connect HBU students with non-profit organizations (Dress for Success Houston & Career Gear), that help our students make a great first impression with a professional suit. Students can drop-by during open drop-in hours on Monday and Tuesday afternoons from 4-6pm OR Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 9-11am.
HBU has one more on-campus Career Fair this fall
- Education & Government Career Fair: Monday, November 5, 2018, Noon-3pm (McNair Hall)
HBU students can post résumés, pre-register for upcoming events, sign-up for on-campus interviews, and of course search for jobs @ Hire a Husky
This post was written by Aaron Swarts, our Assistant Director for Career and Calling at HBU.