COSE students are involved in student organizations across campus and within academic programs. Getting involved in COSE-related organizations is an ideal way for students to gain additional knowledge, subject-matter experience and connections. Student organizations related to our degree programs include these groups:
- Alpha Epsilon Delta is a national organization for pre-med students.
- Pre-Dental Society is for pre-dental students.
- HBU POPS is for pre-optometry students.
- Organizations for students in pre-physical therapy or in pre-physician’s assistant programs are also available.
- American Red Cross Club has a student membership of all interests.
- American Chemical Society is for students who have an interest in chemistry.
- Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta) is a national honor society for students who have an interest in biology.
- Society of Physics Students and its honor society, Sigma Pi Sigma, are for students who have an interest in physics.
- Math Club is for students who have an interest in mathematics.
- Iota Sigma Pi is a National Honor Society for Women in Chemistry.
The following student chapters are under development and will be added as enrollment in the new engineering degrees grows:
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Society of Women Engineers