Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
* Pending Approval from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Pre-Health Certificate Description
HBU’s Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program will academically prepare students with a bachelor’s degree for a health profession school (i.e. Medical, Physician Associate, Dental, Pharmacy, or Graduate School in the Biological or Chemical Sciences). In addition to academic preparation with graduate-level courses, students will be guided through the application and admission process for health profession schools with application workshops and mock admission interviews. The HBU Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program is designed to give students an opportunity to further their educational journey toward a Health Profession or Graduate school by offering pre-requisite and recommended courses with a faith-centered curriculum.
Pre-Health Certificate Distinctives
Complete all the prerequisites for health profession schools, such as Medical, Dental, and Physician Associate School in classes with an average size of 25 or less students.
Personalized feedback on your health profession school application, personal statement, and mock-interview.
A composite letter of recommendation for your health profession school application packet.
An emphasis on hands-on experience (laboratory and/or clinical) and community service.
Pre-Health Certificate Structure
- Complete 12 Credit Hours (3 to 4 Graduate-Level Biology or Chemistry Courses)
- Complete 45 Hours of Laboratory Research and/or Clinical Experience
- Complete 15 Hours of Community Service
- Complete the Application Evaluation Committee Mock-Interview Process
Please contact Dr. Meredith O’Hara for more information.