Transfer to HBU Online
Online Programs Are Transfer Friendly
Houston Baptist University Online is dedicated to providing transfer students with easy and fair transfer evaluations for eligible course credit.
As an online student, you can transfer in up to 75% of your program’s total credit hour requirements, with a minimum of twenty-five percent that must be completed with Houston Baptist University.
The Houston Baptist University Online Office of Transfer Evaluation department exists to help students just like you transition between any previously attended institutions to one of our many degree programs.
STEPS TO TRANSFER TO HBU
- Complete the Free Transfer Application at https://hbu.edu/online-learning/apply-now/
- Submit Official Transcripts from each previously attended college or university
- Complete FAFSA at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Receive your admission decision 3 to 5 business days from HBU Online receiving your application and transcripts. (exceptions apply to certain programs that require interviews)
- If accepted reach out to our academic advising team for your next steps: 1-855-428-1960, select option #1.
- Call to schedule a financial aid appointment: 1-855-428-1960, select option #4
- Excludes remedial/developmental courses
- Excludes repeated courses
- Grade scales using +/- are converted, i.e. B- converts to B (3.00)
- GPA’s are combined from previously attended institutions
- Science and Math courses taken more than 7 years ago are not transferable for science majors
- D’s and F’s are nontransferable but do count towards your cumulative Admissions GPA
- You can visit our transcript request links for assistance on how to request your transcript for admissions and transfer review.
- Texas Common Core Equivalency Guide: The Texas Common Course Numbering System (TCCNS) is a voluntary, co-operative effort among 137 Texas community colleges and universities to facilitate transfer of freshman and sophomore level general academic coursework.
- Credit by Exam
- Military Transfer Credit
For any additional transfer questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.