This Week's Review: "Kingsman: The Golden Circle"

I wasted both time and money on September 23; let me assure you that “Kingsman: The Golden Circle” is one of the sorriest films of 2017! Whatever charm the first film in the series had has long been dissipated.

The film is a waste of good talent; Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, Halle Berry and Jeff Bridges should be ashamed of themselves. The other cast members, including Taron Egerton, Channing Tatum and Elton John, are shameless. and should be banned for at least a decade. The scriptwriters need a crash course on vocabulary building; they seem to know only certain four-letter words and use them incessantly.

There is a bit of plot, but it is far below the level of those awful Matt Helm films of the 1960s; even the Austin Powers films were better. Satirizing the James Bond films is a fair game, but very few films have pulled it off. Right now I am feeling nostalgic for the very first film in the “Our Man Flint” series (but not for the other two).

I confess to cringing at the hint that another entry in the series will be forthcoming.