McNair Center Entrepreneur Academy
Finishes Successful 5-Day Hackathon Boot Camp
(Dream Lab Ideation & Design Boot Camp)
5-Day entrepreneurship camp for high school students brought to you by HBU’s McNair Center For Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise
Drones, Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality, 3D Printers, NASA Tour
Explore the design-thinking process through various creative challenges, problem-solving activities, and brainstorming sessions… all designed to enhance your entrepreneurial mindset. Form innovator teams and identify a global, community, or individual “problem” that requires a solution. Explore the difference between a product and a service. Through critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration, get to work creating a product or service that will solve the issue at hand. With multiple hours of ideation, prototyping, end-user interviews and refinement, your prototype will be solidified and ready for market.
- Immerse in Business & Entrepreneurship principles through hands‐on, authentic learning experiences with exposure to “real world” experts, special guests, and conclude with a special field trip to NASA.
- Explore the world around them and solve real‐life, practical issues that engage their hearts and minds while navigating the scope of the curriculum.
- Learn and use 21st Century skills such as innovation, creativity, communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, ethical decision making, collaboration, team work, time management, empathy, and leadership.
- Learn to work effectively with fellow team members and collaborate on daily responsibilities.
- Have fun with mixed reality equipment (AR/VR headsets), 3-D printers, and drones!
Houston Baptist University’s McNair Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise
Our McNair Center Camp team consists of specialists/teachers with backgrounds in education, art, theater, music, fashion, sports business, science, technology, engineering, and more.
The Business and Entrepreneurship Team is dedicated to sharing knowledge, implementing free-enterprise and entrepreneurship curriculum, teaching methodologies, and encouraging campers to answer thought-provoking questions, work collaboratively in teams, and develop and present a final project.
- Campers will think creatively, critically, and innovatively as they prepare for their ultimate group project.
- Campers will immerse in business & entrepreneurship principles through hands-on, authentic learning experiences
with exposure to “real world” experts, concluding with a special field trip to NASA.
- Campers will explore the world around them and solve real-life, practical issues that will engage their hearts and minds while navigating the scope of the curriculum.
- Campers will learn and use 21st-century skills such as innovation, creativity, communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, ethical decision-making, collaboration, teamwork, time management, empathy, and leadership.
- Campers will learn to work effectively with fellow team members and collaborate on daily responsibilities.
- Campers will have fun, fun, fun!