Working and Serving at HBU
Self Reporting COVID-19 Cases
In order to maintain a safe work environment, please report a confirmed case of COVID-19 to Human Resources at 281-649-3321 or email@example.com. Any member of the staff and faculty with COVID-19 will be asked to self-quarantine until at least 10 days since symptoms first appeared, at least 24 hours with no fever (without fever-reducing medication) and symptoms have improved. HR will gather the names of any employees who had close contact to the employee who tested positive. Close contact is defined at being less than six feet from another person for 15 minutes or longer when both parties are unmasked.
If an employee was exposed to an employee who has a confirmed case, Human Resources will communicate with that individual. Employees who were in close contact will be asked to go home and self-quarantine and to get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible.
Because of privacy laws, we will not disclose or confirm the names of employees on quarantine or with a diagnosis of COVID-19. We will also clean and disinfect the affected workspaces.
- UPDATED: Faculty must wear a face mask while instructing. Proper spatial distancing will be utilized to protect students per the new classroom capacity and layouts. See Teaching and Taking Residential Courses for more.
- Faculty will remind students of the need to observe proper social distancing standards at all times (e.g. six feet of separation between individuals).
- Faculty may meet with students in their office, but only if both parties are masked. Office meetings may be conducted in common areas or vacant classrooms.
- Disinfectant and paper towels will be available in each classroom for proper cleanliness.
- Students and faculty who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 will be required to self-report to either their professor or their supervisor (i.e. department chair, director or dean) and will be asked to quarantine as necessary. The remote hybrid model allows students the ability to complete course work online as needed. Students who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 should be given the option by the faculty member to take the course in a wholly remote modality as needed. Faculty members who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 according to CDC guidelines, and who have concerns about teaching in person this fall, are asked to contact Human Resources Director Jill Strutton (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further consideration.