General Safety and Health
Continued Education, Continued Safety, and Committed Community
HBU is grateful to God that the safety and health measures implemented over the course of the pandemic supported a low rate of COVID infection on campus in Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. Safety guidelines will continue to be used and students are encouraged to attend their classes fully.
Because of the health concerns of many Huskies and their extended networks of friends and family, we ask that you continue to commit to the following actions for the protection and wellbeing of others:
Self-monitor — Be aware of symptoms such as a temperature, cough, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell.
Take Precautions —To maximize protection and prevent possibly spreading to others, we recommend the following:
- Full vaccination if possible
- Wearing masks indoors and when in close quarters (even if fully vaccinated)
- Getting tested if you are feeling sick, experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19, or may have been exposed to someone that has tested positive
- Socially distancing where possible and washing/sanitizing your hands, devices and/or personal spaces often
Cooperate Gracefully — Please be gracious and compliant in following these guidelines at all times.
See expectations of students for more details.
Reporting Positive COVID-19 Testing
If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please follow the steps below:
1. Self-Quarantine Immediately (Off-Campus)
If you are living on campus, it is expected that you will remove yourself from university housing in order to quarantine for the required timeframe of at least 10 days. Neither HBU nor HBU Residence Life have the capacity to accommodate quarantine spaces on campus. All students testing positive for COVID-19 and needing to quarantine must do so off campus and at their own expense.
Students are not permitted to attend on-campus classes or any on-campus activities in person during their quarantine time frame. Arrangements should be made with corresponding professors for course work completion and progression by the student.
For more information concerning housing status during quarantine time frames, please contact: Giovanni Arellano, Interim Director of Residence Life at email@example.com.
If you are commuting to campus, it is expected that you quarantine off campus for the required timeframe of at least 10 days.
Students are not permitted to attend on-campus classes or on-campus activities in person during their quarantine time frame. Arrangements should be made with corresponding professors for course work completion and progression by the student.
2. Email Student Life to Report Your Positive Testing
3. Complete the Needed Information Sent by Student Life Regarding Your Status
4. Connect with Your Instructors
It is the student’s responsibility to connect with their instructors to work out appropriate and reasonable assistance with maintaining course work during self-quarantine. If extended or more extenuating circumstances or accommodations are needed, students are encouraged to connect with the Testing & Student Accommodation’s office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Return to Campus
In order to return to campus, students must complete/meet the return to campus qualifications listed below (these qualifications will be given to the student via email from Student Life, if the student has reported).
- Must complete the CDC recommended 10-day quarantine from the date of your positive testing
- After the 10-day quarantine, you must be either symptom and fever free (without the use of medication) and/or test negative