Federal Work Study
The Federal Work Study program is a federally funded need-based employment program available to our students. Many students take advantage of this program as a way to become a part of the Houston Baptist University community while earning money to help with educational expenses. Students earn varying wages based upon their skills and are paid every two weeks.
Work Study Hiring Process via Handshake
Use the Hire a Husky system to post your resume and search for available work study positions via Handshake.
- Indicate your interest for available positions in your application.
- Interview with the prospective campus employer.
- Accept the campus position that is offered.
- Supervisor should contact the Financial Aid Office for the student’s Work Study Authorization Form.
- Supervisor completes their portion the Work Study Authorization Form and submits the form to Human Resources.
- Student completes and returns required payroll and employment documents to the Human Resources Office.
If you have additional questions regarding the Federal Work Study program, please contact the Financial Aid Office. For questions about available job positions, please contact the Office of Career and Calling.