- Assistant Professor of Education
- Prog Coor for Master of Ed, Elementary Ed (EC-6) with All Level Special Ed (Teacher Certification)
- EdD, Professional Leadership, University of Houston
- MEd, Special Education, University of Houston – Victoria
- Master of Public Administration, University of Texas – San Antonio
- BA, Political Science, University of Texas – San Antonio
- Growth Abnormalities Identification and Evaluation and Evaluation in Early Childhood
- Diagnostic and Prescriptive Teaching for Exceptional Children
- Teaching Methodology for the Secondary Teacher
- Teaching Strategies in Special Education
Dr. Wood specializes in special education leadership and teaching methods.
Research Interests and Publications
- autism spectrum disorder
- special education programs and interventions
- special education leadership
Previous Academic Positions
Adjunct Professor, 2017-2019
Dr. Wood teaches undergraduate and graduate courses at HBU. His doctoral work included studies of intervention responses and the identification of specific learning disabilities in elementary students. Prior to HBU, he served as a teacher, coach, campus administrator, and central office administrator in Texas public schools.
Dr. Wood’s doctoral work included studies related response to intervention and the identification of specific learning disabilities in elementary students.
Dr. Wood and his wife, Claudia, have been married for 22 years and have two children. They are parishioners of St. Faustina Catholic Church in Fulshear, Texas. Both Dr. and Mrs. Wood have served as Extraordinary Ministers of the Holy Eucharist and currently serve as Catechists for junior high school students.