- PhD in History, Auburn University, 2007
- MA in History, Auburn University, 2007
- BA in East Asian Studies, Yale University, 1982
- U.S. History to 1877
- U.S. History from 1877
- Western Civilization I
- Western Civilization II
- Women in American History
- History of the Old South
- The Gilded Age & Progressive Era (1870-1917)
- American Religious History
- American Civil Rights
- History of Modern Japan
- World Civilization to 1650
- World Civilization from 1600
- Freshman Year Seminar
Dr. Frear serves as a core adviser and is on the Research and Development and Student Life committees. She is the faculty adviser for Phi Alpha Theta, the national history honor society, and is a judge for HBU’s “A Piece of the Past” museum essay contest.
She has been a member of Phi Beta Kappa since 1981 and is the winner of the 2006-2007 Merriwether Fellowship Award and other awards from Auburn University.
Before joining the HBU faculty, she taught American and world history at the University of South Alabama and at Auburn University.
Personal interests include music (early European and international), cooking, and gardening.