Associate Professor of History
- PhD, History (Medieval and Early Modern Studies), Claremont Graduate School
- MA, History (Medieval and Renaissance), California State University
- BA, History, Biola University
- Walking to Piraeus (Honors College)
- Faith, Reason & Romance (Honors College)
- Introduction to Philosophy
Classical education, Great Books, Medieval and Early Modern European History, European Intellectual History: Aquinas to Descartes, Early to Late Medieval Christianity, Medieval Spain, Medieval Christian Views of Islam, Tudor/Stuart England
- The Urban Asceticism of St. Francis, Mellen Press, forthcoming.
- Book Chapter: “Miguel de Cervantes,” in The Great Books Reader: Excerpts and Essays on the Most Influential Books in Western Civilization, ed. John Mark Reynolds (Bloomington, MN: Bethany House Publishers, 2011).
- Book Review: “Mystical Metal of Gold: Essays on Alchemy and Renaissance Culture,” ed. Stanton J. Linton, Sixteenth Century Journal (Spring 2010).
- Book Review: “Perfecting Human Actions: St. Thomas Aquinas on Human Participation in Eternal Law,” by John Rhiza, Sixteenth Century Journal (Spring 2011).
- Book Review, H. Hossien’s and O. Leamann’s “History of Islamic Philosophy,” Philosophia Christi (Spring 2005).
- Book Review, “The Cambridge Companion to Medieval Jewish Philosophy” (D.H. Frank and O. Leamann, ed.), Philosophia Christi (Fall 2008).
- “Glimpses of Paradise: The Music of John Tavenner, Henryk,Gorecki, Ivan Moody and Arvo Part,” CIVA Special Issue, Iconography and Orthodoxy (August 1998).
Awards and Honors
- Institutional Fellowship, Claremont Graduate School, 9/92-5/93
- Institutional Fellowship, Claremont Graduate University, 9/02-5/03
- Institutional Fellowship, Claremont Graduate University, 9/01-5/02