- Professor of Sociology
- Chair, Department of Law and Society
- Program Coordinator, Family Studies, Medical Humanities, and Sociology (BA and Minor)
- PhD in Sociology, The University of North Texas
- MA in Educational Psychology, University of Texas at San Antonio
- BA in Religion, Baylor University
- Sociology of Religion
- Popular Culture
- Social Theory
- The American Family
- Social Change
Awards and Honors
He was honored by the University in 2002 with the Opal Goolsby Outstanding Teaching Award.
In 2005, he was the Piper Professor nominee from his college. He was chosen as the University Piper Professor Nominee that same year.
His writing and research interests include: worship, religious education and the intersections of faith and learning. Publications and professional presentation have included work on religious organizations, social theory, curriculum design, active learning, and religious education.
Dr. Wilson is the chair of the Professional Development Committee.
Dr. Wilson served as President of the Faculty Assembly in 2003-04.