- PhD, Capella University
- MSN-FNP, Houston Baptist University
- MSN-Nursing Education, East Carolina University
- BSN, North Carolina Central University
- BA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- NURS 3315, Patho-Pharmacology II
- NURS 3401, Adult Health I
- NURS 3404, Care of Individuals I
Quality Matters certified peer reviewer.
ACEN site visitor.
Research Interests: Student evaluation, academic advising, student retention, and educational neuroscience.
- Mooring, Q. (2016). Recruitment, advising, and retention programs- Challenges and solutions to the international problem of high nursing student attrition: A narrative literature review. Nurse Education Today, accepted for publication 3/3/2016.
- Mooring, Q. (2016). Aggressive Academic Advising Practices: Strategies to Improve Nursing. Journal of Best Practices in Health Professions Diversity, Spring 2016.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS:
- 2018-present, Texas Nurses Association, member
- 2010-present, American Nurses Association, member
- 2010-2017, North Carolina Nurses Association, member
- 2010, Emergency Nurses Association, member
- 2008-present, Sigma Theta Tau, Pi Sigma Chapter, member
CIVIC AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES/SERVICE:
- Volunteer coach, Forest Hills District Odyssey of the Mind
- Advisory Board Member, Cleveland County Partnering for Community Prosperity Initiative
- Vice President, Springmore Basketball Booster Club
- Member, Teen Pregnancy Prevention Coalition of Cleveland County
- Member, Springmore Elementary Parent Teacher Organization
- Parent Liaison, Springmore Football Booster Club