- Associate Professor of Biology
- Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives
- PhD, Biological Chemistry, UCLA
- BS, Biology, Pepperdine University
- Research Associate, UCLA, Molecular, Cellular and Integrative Physiology, Lab of Dr. James Tidball
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- General Biology I
Dr. O’Hara’s primary teaching focus is on undergraduate Biology. She specializes in teaching about embryology and the molecular and genetic mechanism that occur during embryonic development. She also focuses on teaching Human Anatomy & Physiology courses with an emphasis on critical thinking and integration of physiological concepts about the human body.
Dr. O’Hara has authored and co-authored publications on muscle physiology and muscular dystrophy and is currently collaborating on a publication about cardiovascular development.
Dr. O’Hara is the director of the “Under the Microscope” HBU Biology Speaker Series.
Before coming to HBU, Dr. O’Hara was an Assistant Professor of Biology at Concordia University in Austin, TX from 2010 – 2014 and at California Baptist University in Riverside, CA from 2008 – 2010. She has also taught courses at Lone Star College here in Houston.