Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Doctor of philosophy in nursing, University of Texas at Tyler
- Master of Nursing, University of Southern Queensland
- Bachelor of Nursing, University of Calgary
- Adult Health Nursing, BScN levels 1-4
- Community Health Nursing Practicum
- Context Based Learning, BScN year three
- Adult Health Nursing with specialty practice in hematopoietic progenitor stem cell transplant.
Research Interests and Publications
- Eld’s research interest is in quality cost-effective care.
- Central line practice in Canadian stem cell transplant recipients. Canadian Oncology Nursing Journal 24(2), p.67-76.
- Analysis of costs and benefits of transparent, gauze, or no dressing for a tunneled central venous catheter in Canadian stem cell transplant recipients. Canadian Oncology Nursing Journal, 25(3), p.289-310.
- Tunneled central venous catheter-related bloodstream infection in Canadian blood stem cell transplant recipients: Associated costs. Canadian Oncology Nursing Journal, 25(3), p.311-27.
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding dissertation award (2014), University of Texas at Tyler
Previous Academic/Professional Positions
- Sixteen years of experience as a registered nurse.
- Taught as an adjunct for three Canadian University baccalaureate nursing programs in medical, surgical, community, lab, and classroom settings.
- Three years of experience in clinical operations and development in ambulatory care in Texas