- Assistant Professor of Music
- Director, Instrumental Studies
- Program Coordinator for Music (BA)
• BM, Applied Music, University of Houston
• MM, Performance, DePaul University
• DMA, Music Performance- Instrumental, University of Houston
Dr. Lamm’s primary teaching focus is the University athletic bands, instrumental studies/techniques, and
the University instrumental ensembles. He also teaches Music Appreciation and individual brass lessons.
Course taught include:
• Music Appreciation
• Brass Techniques
• Husky Band
• Basketball Pep Band
• Concert Band
Matthew has performed as a tubist with the Houston Symphony Orchestra, Houston Grand Opera, Chicago Civic Orchestra, and Houston Civic Symphony. Dr Lamm’s dissertation, Paul Hindemith’s Philosophy of Tonality and Form, is written on the music of Paul Hindemith and J.S. Bach.
While at HBU, Dr. Lamm has performed in the President’s Concert and as a soloist on both the Band Spring Concert and the University’s Inaugural Faculty Recital.
An active performer and clinician, Dr. Lamm is a regular member of the Arpeggio Brass Quintet, Grace Symphony Orchestra, and a substitute member of Paragon Brass.