- Professor of English
- Online Coordinator, School of Humanities
- PhD, Literature and Criticism, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- MA, English, Longwood University
- MA, Theological Studies, Liberty University
- BS, in English, Liberty University
- Composition and Literature I
- Composition and Literature II
- Great Works of Literature I
- Great Works of Literature II
- Europe in the Middle Ages
- Apologetics, Research and Writing
- Literary Criticism
- Short Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Utopian Fiction
- Modern Poetry
Dr. Baggett’s primary teaching focus is American Literature, contemporary literature, and literary criticism. She also teaches Research and Writing for HBU’s Apologetics program.
Dr. Baggettt has co-authored two books—At the Bend of the River Grand and The Morals of the Story—and a handful of articles on a variety of topics including educational practice, utopian literature, popular culture, and American literary figures such as Nella Larsen, Marilynne Robinson, and Philip K. Dick. Dr. Baggett’s Morals of the Story was recognized for an Award of Merit in 2019’s Christianity Today’s Book Awards in the Apologetics/Evangelism category.
While at HBU, Dr. Baggett has served as the Online Coordinator for the School of Humanities.
At her previous institution, she was recognized as Zeta Tau Teacher of the Year for 2017 and 2008.
Dr. Baggett serves as Associate Editor for both Christ and Pop Culture and MoralApologetics.com.