- Professor of Business
- Chair, Department of Management, Marketing and Business
- PhD in Applied Mathematics, Kiev State University, Ukraine
- MS in Applied Mathematics, Yerevan State University, Armenia
- BS in Applied Mathematics, Yerevan State University, Armenia
- Decision Making Techniques for Managers (a graduate course)
- Business Mathematics (Calculus)
- Quantitative Mehtods I (Business Statistics)
- Information Systems and Business Analytics
- Introduction to Computer Applications
- Quantitative Methods II (Practical Management Science)
- Programming in C++
- Computer Concepts
- Business Network Technologies
- Programming in Visual Basic
- Web Design
SELECTED PEER – REVIEWED JOURNAL PAPERS AND BOOKS
- Avetisyan, N., Hayrapetyan, L.R. (2017). Mathlet as a New Approach for Improving Critical and Creative Thinking in Mathematics. International Journal of Education Research, Vol. 12, No. 134 – 44.
- Hayrapetyan, L. R. (2016). How To Create An Environment That Encourages Academic Integrity? A Technological Approach. International Journal of Business Research and Information Technology, 3(1), 79-89.
- Levon R. Hayrapetyan. Confidence Level and Confidence Intervals. International Journal of Education Research, Vol. 10, No. 2, 2015, 43 – 53.
- Levon R. Hayrapetyan and Mohan Kuruvilla. Interactive Tools for Visualizing Abstract Statistical Concepts. International Journal of Education Research, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2015, 13 – 23.
- Levon R. Hayrapetyan. An Excel-Based Universal Multi-Criterion Decision Support System for Ranking. The International Journal of Business, Marketing, and Decision Science, 2013, 6, 1, 106 – 118.
- Levon R. Hayrapetyan. Excel-Based Interactive Teaching and Assessment Tool for Forecasting Methods. World Journal of Social Sciences, 2013, 3, 3, 89 – 97.
- Levon R. Hayrapetyan and Mohan Kuruvilla. A Decision Support System For College Major Selection. The International Journal of Business, Marketing, and Decision Science, 2012, 5, 1, 80 – 93.
- Levon R. Hayrapetyan. Prevention and Detection of Certain Types of Plagiarism During Computerized Assessments. Business Education And Accreditation (BEA), 2011, 3, 1, 113-120.
- Levon R. Hayrapetyan and Mohan Kuruvilla. An AHP-Based Decision Support System for Faculty Evaluation. The International Journal of Business, Marketing, and Decision Science, 2011, 4, 1, 68 – 79.
- Levon R. Hayrapetyan and D.R. Wilson. A Collective Decision Support System for Ranking. The International Journal of Business, Marketing, and Decision Science, 2010, 2, 2, 56 – 63.
- Levon R. Hayrapetyan. A Collaborative Assessment and Learning Tool. International Journal of Education Research, Vol. 5, No. 1, 2010, 83 – 91.
- A.V. Apkarian, T. Shi, J. Bruggemann, and L. Hayrapetyan. Segregation of Nociceptive and Non- Nociceptive Networks in the Squirrel Monkey Somatosensory Thalamus. Journal of Neurophysiology, 2000, 84(1), 484- 493.
- A.Vania Apkarian, Johannes Bruggemann, Ting Shi, and Levon R. Hayrapetyan. A Thalamic Model for True and Referred Visceral Pain. Visceral Pain, Progress in Pain Research and Management, Vol. 5, edited by G.F.Gebhart, IASP Press, Seattle, 1995, 217-259.
- Buniatyan M.R., Petrosyan G.N., Khachaturyan V.E., and Hayrapetyan L.R. Algol -60. The language and its realization on the ES EVM, Yerevan State University, 1985, 193p.
- Hayrapetyan L.R. Non-homogeneous sorting of graphs and job distribution between two processors. Kibernetika, 1980, 95-99.
- Hayrapetyan L.R., Solving the generalized director problem by non-homogeneous sorting. DAN Ukrainian SSR, A, 1980, 3, 71-74.
- Ordyan A.A., and Hayrapetyan L.R. On classes of ELR(1) and G(k) formal grammars – DAN Arm. SSR, 1977, 2, 85-90.
Dr. Hayrapetyan made presentations, served as the session chair and as a discussant at various international and national conferences annually.
Awards and Honors
- The Teaching Excellence International Award (Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) – 2007)
- The Teaching Excellence Regional Award (Includes: Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and New Mexico)Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) – 2007
- Robert Griswold Outstanding Professor of the Year (Houston Baptist University, College of Business and Economics – 2008)
- The Outstanding Innovator Award (Houston Baptist University, College of Business and Economics – 2002)
- Robert Griswold Outstanding Professor of the Year (Houston Baptist University, College of Business and Economics – 2001)
- Piper Award Nominee from the College of Business and Economics (Houston Baptist University – 2007)
- Alpha Iota Delta Innovative Education Paper Award (Federation of Business Disciplines – 2004)
- Sabbatical Award (Houston Baptist University – 2008)
- Three Research Awards for scholarly papers on decision science and pedagogy (International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines – 2012, 2018, 2019)
Dr. Hayrapetyan’s research interests lie in the fields of decision science, quantitative methods, algorithms, programming languages, and pedagogy. He has published more than 45 research papers, books, and book chapters.
From 1994 to 1996, Dr. Hayrapetyan worked as a research scientist at SUNY Health Sciences Center, Syracuse, NY, where he was actively involved in research in the area of computational neuroscience. He built a computer simulation for visceral referred pain phenomenon, which was published as a book chapter in “Visceral Pain” (1995). He also developed and implemented a number of algorithms for measuring the information content of neuronal spike time intervals in the brain.
Dr. Hayrapetyan has created various decision support systems such as:
- Multi-Criterion Decision Support System for Ranking
- Decision Support System For College Major Selection
- AHP-Based Decision Support System for Faculty Evaluation
- Group Decision Support System for Ranking
Dr. Hayrapetyan has developed many interactive tools for teaching and assessing student learning, including:
- Excel-Based Interactive Teaching and Assessment Tool for Forecasting Methods
- Prevention and Detection of Certain Types of Plagiarism During Computerized Assessments
- A Collaborative Assessment and Learning Tool
- Interactive Spreadsheets for Abstract Statistical Concepts – Central Limit Theorem
- Visualization of the Confidence Interval Estimation
- Using PowerPoint as an Assessment and Learning Tool
- Creating Multiple-Choice Tests and Reviews in PowerPoint
- Assessment as a Teaching Tool
Since 2000, Dr. Hayrapetyan has served as the CISM area coordinator, a member of HBU Academic Technology Advisory Group, a member of HBU Professional Development and Award Committee, Admissions Committee, Computer Committee, On-Line Education Committee, SACS Committee, Honors College Advisory Committee, Athletics Steering Committee, and more. He also served as a member of various committees in the Dunham College of Business: Professional Development Committee, Assessment Committee, and Curriculum Committee. Dr. Hayrapetyan is the faculty advisor for Delta Mu Delta Honor Society for several years.
Dr. Hayrapetyan started teaching at the university level in 1979 in the computer science department at Yerevan State University (YSU), Armenia. During his tenure at YSU, he has also served as the associate dean of the computer science department and chair of the software engineering division.
Dr. Hayrapetyan enjoys playing chess and volleyball, cooking BBQ, reading, writing poems and playing with his grandchildren.