- DNP in Nursing, Duquesne University
- MS in Patient Safety Leadership, University of Illinois at Chicago
- BSN in Nursing, Regis University
- ADN in Nursing, Houston Community College
- Didactic: Care of the Childbearing Family
- Clinical: Care of the Childbearing Family
- Clinical: Arts & Science
- Clinical: Individuals II
- Clinical: Individuals III
Dr. Breeden’s teaching focus is in nursing and is able to teach a wide variety of nursing courses.
Dr. Breeden’s doctoral research focused on sexually transmitted infections in the population of victims of sexual assault. She continues to focus her research efforts in the realm of forensic nursing.
Dr. Breeden serves as the secretary for the board of directors for the International Association of Forensic Nurses (IAFN), as well the IAFN Texas Chapter President. She is also the board liaison for the Strangulation Task Force and the Title IX Task Force.
Dr. Breeden also serves as a committee member of the Institutional Review Board committee at HBU.
Dr. Breeden has spent much of her career working at the bedside and in leadership within the hospital. Her diverse career has included experience in the emergency room, labor and deliver, and in forensic nursing.