- PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Virginia
- Master of Science, Electrical Engineering, University of Virginia
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, University of Virginia
New faculty—applicable courses from prior institution
- ENGR 1201 Introduction to Engineering
- ENGR 1304 Engineering Graphics
- EMGT 5130 New Business Development
- SENG 5931 Risk Management & Decision Analysis
- SWEN 5130 Software Tools
- SWEN 5230 Software Project Management
- SWEN 5931 Software Data Engineering
Dr. Drake teaches engineering as a problem-solving process, integrating traditional math and science tools and techniques within a broader perspective to include business, community, and ethical issues.
Research Interests and Publications
Dr. Drake’s research interests include time series feature characterization, time series data mining, and application of data mining to life science applications.
- Ken McCaslin, FHL7, Keith C. Drake, Ph.D., Freida Hall, FHL7, and Rebecca Parsons, PMP, “Test Compendium Framework Electronic Directory of Services (eDOS),” White Paper, April 2013.
- Ken McCaslin, FHL7, Freida Hall, FHL7, Virginia Sturmfels, MT (ASCP), and Keith C. Drake, Ph.D., “Ask at Order Entry: Insight into Ask at Order Entry (AOE) functionality using international standards as directed by the U.S. Dept. of HHS,” White Paper, July 2014.
- Drake, Keith C., and Dale E. Nelson, “Modeling the Markets Using Statistical Network Data Mining,” (Book Chapter), October 1998.
- Drake, Keith C., and J. Randall Moorman, “Heart Rate Variability Analysis Using Advanced Data Modeling,” Final Technical Report, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, project number 1 R43 HL55867-01, September 1997.
- Griffin, M.P., Aghili, A.A., Drake, K.C., and Moorman, J.R., “Heart Rate Variability Analysis Using Mathematical Models,” Journal of Applied Physiology, 1996.
- Drake, Keith C., Richard Y. Kim, “Abductive Information Modeling Applied to Financial Time Series Forecasting,” Proc. of the First Intl. Nonlinear Financial Forecasting Competition (INFFC), 1997.
- Drake, Keith C., and Richard Y. Kim, “Hierarchical Integration of Sensor Data and Contextual Information for Automatic Target Recognition,” Applied Intelligence, 5, 269-290, 1995.
- Drake, Keith C., and J. Randall Moorman, “Heart Rate Variability Analysis Using Polynomial Networks,” Final Technical Report, National Inst. of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, project number 1 R43 HD31356-01, July 1994.
- Drake, Keith C, Richard Y. Kim, and Tony Y. Kim, “Decision Criterion Processing Methodology for Heuristic Assessment of Classification Models,” Proceedings of the SPIE Sensor Fusion and Aerospace Applications II Conference, Orlando, Florida, April 1994.
- Montgomery, Gerard J., and Drake, Keith C., “Abductive Reasoning Networks,” Neurocomputing – An International Journal, Vol. 2, Number 3, June 1991, pages 97-104.
- Drake, Keith C., McVey, E. S., and Inigo, R. M., “Sensor Roll Angle Error For A Mobile Robot Using A Navigation Line,” IEEE Transactions On Pattern Analysis And Machine Intelligence, Volume 10, Number 5, pages 727-732, September 1988.
- Drake, Keith C., McVey, E. S., and Inigo, R. M., “Experimental Position And Ranging Results For A Mobile Robot,” IEEE Journal Of Robotics And Automation, Volume RA-3, Number 1, pages 31-42, February 1987.
- McVey, E. S., Drake, Keith C., and Inigo, R. M., “Range Measurements by A Mobile Robot Using A Navigation Line,” IEEE Transactions On Pattern Analysis And Machine Intelligence, Volume PAMI-8, Number 1, pages 105-109, January 1986.
- Drake, Keith C., McVey, E. S., and Inigo, R. M., “Sensing Error For A Mobile Robot Using Line Navigation,” IEEE Transactions On Pattern Analysis And Machine Intelligence, Volume PAMI-7, Number 4, pages 485-490, July 1985.
Previous Academic/Professional Positions
- Clinical Associate Professor of Software Engineering, University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL)
- Director, Cyber Security Institute , UHCL
- Program Chair, Pre-Engineering
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Software Engineering, UHCL
- Program Executive, Quest Diagnostics
- Director, Strategic Account Management, Medical Automation Systems
- Director of Research, Development, and Business Solutions, AbTech Corp.
- USAF Military Officer, Program manager, Wright Research and Development Center
Keith and his wife Dawn live in Friendswood, TX, with their dogs Daisy and Lucy. They enjoy volunteering with a local basset rescue and their church, New Hope Church. Keith’s activities include:
- Foster Volunteer, Basset Buddies Rescue of Texas
- Loading Team Coordinator, Warehouse Ministry, New Hope Church
- Production Team Volunteer (Cameras and Lights), New Hope Church
- Member, American Association of Independent Investors