- Associate Professor of Psychology
- Chair, Department of Psychology
- Program Coordinator, Master of Arts in Psychology
- PhD in Social Psychology, University of Kent, Canterbury, England
- Postgraduate Certification in Higher Education, University of Kent, Canterbury, England
- MSc in Social and Applied Psychology, University of Kent, Canterbury, England
- BA in Psychology, Texas A&M University
- General Psychology
- Child Psychology
- Adolescent Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Psychology of Learning
- Statistics for Psychology
- Research Methods
- Advanced Research Methods
Dr. Pelletier’s primary teaching interests are social psychology, developmental psychology, research methods, and statistics. He teaches these courses at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
His primary research interests are socio-cognitive development, subjective group dynamics, social identity, prosocial behavior, stereotypes, and prejudice.
Some of his recent publications include:
- Pelletier, J. (2017, accepted). The Relationship Between Christian Social Identity and Prosocial Behavior. Presented at the 2016 Society of Personality and Social Psychology Annual Conference. San Antonio, Texas.
- Pelletier, J. (2016). Elevating Critical Thought About Fundamental Attribution Error in Social Contexts. Presented at the 5th Annual Psychology One Conference. Stanford University, Palo Alto, California.
- Ritt, B. & Pelletier, J. (2016). The Impact of Social Identity and Racial Salience on Judgments of Police and Civilian Interactions. Presented at the 2016 Society of Personality and Social Psychology Annual Conference. San Diego, California.
Committee Service/Offices Held:
Dr. Pelletier is on the College of Education and Behavioral Science Research and Development committee. Additionally, he serves as thesis chair and committee member for students in the College’s graduate program.
Previous/Current Professional Positions:
In addition to his position at HBU, Dr. Pelletier is also employed as a Statistical Analyst for the County of San Bernardino, California. Prior to joining HBU, he was an Assistant Professor of Psychology at California Baptist University in Riverside, California.
Personal Interests or Hobbies:
His personal interests include Star Wars, cars, and motorcycles. When he’s not working, he enjoys spending time with his wife and their three young children. Dr. Pelletier spends his free time working on and riding his Harley Davidson.