- Assistant Professor of English
- Program Coordinator, Master of Liberal Arts
- PhD in English, University of Georgia
- MA in English Literature, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- BA in Biblical Studies and the Humanities, Southeastern Bible College
- Basic Grammar and Composition
- Writing for Wisdom I
Dr. Grubbs enjoys engaging students in writing and literature courses across the General Education core; his field of specialty is English literature of the Middle Ages, particularly of the Anglo-Saxon period.
Dr. Grubbs is a regular host and panelist on the Christian Humanist Podcast, as well as a regular interviewer on the Christian Humanist Profiles podcast (available on iTunes U). His doctoral dissertation reads the Creation Song in Beowulf within the patristic and early medieval Christian apologetic tradition, in order to shed light on the ethnic and religious identities of Beowulf’s characters.