- PhD, Curriculum & Instruction with an emphasis in Mathematics Education, Texas A&M University
- MEd, Talent Development, Texas State University
- BS, Mathematics, Texas State University
Mathematics Education, Creative Problem Solving, Secondary Education
Research Interest and Publications
- Problem Posing, Creative Problem Solving, Attitudes and Beliefs towards Mathematics & Mathematics Teaching, History of Mathematics Education
- Bevan, D., & Capraro, M. M. (2021). Posing Creative Problems: A Study of Elementary Students’ Mathematics Understanding. International Electronic Journal of Mathematics Education, 16(3), em0654. https://doi.org/10.29333/iejme/11109
- Younes, R. G., Capraro, R. M., Capraro, M. M., Rosli, R., Lee, Y., Vela, K., & Bevan, D. (2021, In Press). Jack and Jill went up the hill but Jill won both ways: The true story about differential academic achievement. International Journal of Innovation in Science and Mathematics Education. (SJR 2019 = .220)
- Bevan, D., Williams, A. M., & Capraro, M. M. (2019, August). Strike a Pose: The impact of problem-posing on elementary students’ mathematical attitudes and achievement. Proceedings of the International Symposium Elementary Mathematics Teaching. Charles University: Prague, Czech Republic.
- Bevan, D., Capraro, R. M., Madson, M. A., & Irby, B. J. (Eds.). (2019). Coaching and mentoring: A handbook for leadership success. Tips for coaching and mentoring school leadership teams. College Station, TX: Aggie STEM and the Education Leadership Research Center.
Awards and Honors
2021 Texas A&M University Association of Former Students Distinguished Graduate Award for Teaching