Master of Science in Management and Entrepreneurship
(100% Online Only)
The Houston Baptist University Master of Science in Management and Entrepreneurship program connects business theories with practical strategies for developing, designing, and building new ventures. It assists with the incubation of both for-profit and nonprofit business enterprises through education and expert assistance from industry leaders. This degree combines the prestigious Archie W. Dunham College of Business with the innovative HBU McNair Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise. Students study all facets of business, ranging from startup to stewardship, in the one-year program. The degree is specifically designed for those that did not major in business at the undergraduate level; consequently, no business leveling courses are required.
- Potential entrepreneurs who want to own their own business.
- Individuals interested in developing their intrapreneurship skills.
- Innovators who want to work for a startup that aligns with their purpose.
- Busy people who want a master’s program that fits into their work schedule.
- Leaders who want to incorporate design thinking and attitude into their current role.
- Those who did not major in business as undergrads or received their degree long ago.
- Practitioners ready to launch ideas to the market – nurses, artists, engineers, scientists to name a few.
- Learn more about the MSME, and apply for the degree program, on our admissions requirements page.
“My parents were big on education, but they passed away when I was a teenager. I completed my education, being the first one in my family to do so, but didn’t have access to down-to-earth, practical advice. I wanted to start a college readiness program to help kids like me. The McNair Entrepreneurship Center has nurtured my aspirations from day one. The MSME degree at HBU is an invaluable resource to learn the skills needed to launch your own venture.”
– Festus Amoye, HBU ‘10, Laddering Your Success Founder
An entrepreneur is simply someone who takes ownership of his or her work and is ready to bring innovative ideas to market. Whether developing one’s own venture or working for a large corporation, the entrepreneurial mindset is a valuable framework for action. In HBU’s program, students learn from accomplished professors in the field. Bold ventures are developed through purpose and passion with leading strategies from theory and practice. Like the rest of the University, the HBU MSME program espouses the importance of Christian ethics and strong moral leadership.
The MSME is offered lockstep over the course of one calendar year. New student cohorts begin in the fall. A total of 33 credit hours are taken across 11 courses spread over Fall, Spring, and Summer terms.
The HBU Archie W. Dunham College of Business provides an intimate and supportive learning environment. One of the most rewarding aspects of participation for students is the relationships they form in their cohort. The program is designed to be experiential and to focus much like a startup incubator with a focus on new ventures that contribute to a flourishing society. Students may come in with, or purposefully discover, an idea for a product, service, business, nonprofit, or ministry. They then develop and follow their passion, often with the help of strategic business partnerships in the Houston area and beyond.
HBU and our Home City of Houston
- HBU has more than 20,000 graduates
- The student-to-faculty ratio is about 16:1
- All classes are taught by faculty members rather than teaching assistants
- HBU’s student population was ranked 5th in the “Campus Ethnic Diversity”*
- The school is a member of the Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest healthcare hub
- Houston is home to the most Fortune 500 companies outside of New York City
- With a diverse cultural scene, Houston is an ideal setting to launch a new business
*2018 U.S. News & World Report Regional Universities West
For more than 50 years, Houston Baptist University has served the Houston area and beyond by offering a world-class education through many academic programs. We are a Houston classic, growing in the heart of the city we call home. Thousands of people have achieved their career and personal goals by obtaining a degree from Houston Baptist University.
This HBU Archie W. Dunham College of Business degree program is generously supported by the McNair Center for Entrepreneurship and Free Enterprise at HBU. Learn more about the Robert and Janice McNair Foundation.
For Further Information:
Mark Clark, PhD