Transient students are current undergraduate students at a university other than HBU who desire to enroll at HBU for a single term with the intention of returning to their university. This excludes students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree.
All new students to HBU will register according to HBU’s priority registration schedule. This means transient students will be able to register after all other student types have registered. We will complete this registration process for you and send you a confirmation email once registration is completed. While we understand there is a limited amount of space in courses, we must adhere to our registration protocol. Thank you for understanding our commitment to honor our students’ priority to course availability.
Steps in the Registration Process:
- Our office will go through students in the order that Transient Course Request Forms have been submitted.
- Admissions will then confirm that the student has turned in their college transcript and been admitted.
- If admitted, we will contact the student to confirm the class requested.
- Next, we will confirm that the student’s transcript shows that he/she has completed all prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or better.
- We will then either register the student (if no prerequisite required for the desired course), or will request an override from the dean of the appropriate department to be generated for the student and then register the student.
- Next, we will email the student with info on how to access their class schedule, how to make payments, etc.
- There are no scholarships or financial aid for transient students
Questions about tuition and fees?
Please see our cost of attendance page.