Transfer Student Admission
If you are considering transferring to Houston Baptist University, you are in good company. Each year, transfer students come for many reasons: the quality of our academic programs, our generous transfer merit awards, our small class sizes and low student-to-faculty ratio, and the welcoming Christian environment.
We have just added pages specifically for Lone Star and San Jac students, and a page for Houston Community College students is coming soon. See the HBU Transfer Guide (PDF) for information applicable to all transfer students.
- Course Equivalency Guide
- Enrollment Deposit
- Housing Information
- Transfer Admission Process
- Transfer Application
- Transfer Merit Awards
- Net Price Calculator
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my credit hours transfer?
- If you have attended a college or university in the state of Texas, please see our course equivalency guide.
- If the course is not on the above list, you can compare your earned credits via the Texas Common Course Numbering System reference table.
- Contact the Admissions Office for detailed information.
What happens after I am admitted?
- You will receive the following items in the mail:
- Acceptance letter
- Transfer Merit Award (eligibility dependent on 15 hours of transferable credit and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5)
- Progress Toward Degree (PTD) explaining how all of your credits transferred.