Get Oriented “GO” To-Do Checklist
1. Submit/Bring your final high school and/or college transcripts:
All student are required to submit a final copy of high school transcript with GRADUATION DATE to the office of admission. Please bring a sealed copy with you to orientation
2. Submit/Bring your vaccination records:
This is required for all first-time college students. Find out more meningitis vaccinations and other health requirements below.
3. Complete Housing Registration:
All student must complete their housing registration. Whether you live on or off campus that must be complete to ensure that all charges on your account are posted correctly. As a reminder all freshmen are required to live on-campus.
Have questions about housing? email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to Stay:
All students attending a 2-Day Freshmen Orientation must spend the night at orientation. The overnight portion of the program has been specifically designed to give you a chance to become familiar with campus and meet your peers.
FRESHMAN: All incoming students will be staying in the Freshman Village residence halls on campus.
PARENTS: On-campus housing is not provided for parents. If you will be needing accommodations, please look below for more detail for our special hotel rates.
What to Bring:
Make sure you arrive to GO wearing comfortable clothes. We have lots of fun activities planned all over campus, so comfort is key! While it is going to be HOT outside, our buildings are often cold! You may want to bring a light jacket for the indoor sessions.
- Pillow, sleeping bag &/or twin XL bed linens/blanket
- Toiletries & bath towel
- Change of clothes for day 2
- Tennis shoes for the campus activities
- Money for snacks or goodies at the Bookstore
- Liability Waiver Form
- Financial Arrangements sheet
- Bacterial Meningitis form
- FERPA form (Complete on HuskyNet)
- Final high school transcripts and/or test scores with graduation date
- Parking Pass form (Complete on HuskyNet) or Waiver
- Final Dual Credit College transcript , if applicable
Once you have attended a “GO” session, there are a number of things to do before you make the move to Houston. Use this checklist to ensure you have a smooth transition into college life!
- Contact The Department of Success and Advising for any schedule change requests or questions after “GO”
- Be sure to sign-up for Welcome Days if you have not done so already!
- Log into HuskyNet and learn where to look up your schedule for current semester.
- Submit any remaining final transcripts or test scores. Due, August 1
- Submit any placement test scores. Due, August 1
- Purchase your textbooks for your new courses.
- Tuition and Payments Plan registration is due by August 19, 2019 you can register on your HuskyNet.
- Get in touch with your roommate! Check your housings portal and begin to get to know them.