College Access Loan
The College Access Loan Program (CAL) provides an alternative educational loan to Texas residents who need assistance in meeting the cost of attendance. The amount of federal aid for which the student is eligible to receive even if it is not accepted will reduce the cost of attendance to determine the CAL loan amount. This loan requires a separate application and credit check process through the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
- Be a Texas resident
- Be accepted for enrollment and enrolled at least half-time in either
- a course of study leading to a certificate, an associate, baccalaureate, graduate, or higher degree or
- an approved alternative educator certification program
- Meet the university’s satisfactory academic progress requirements
- Receive a favorable credit evaluation or provide a cosigner who has a good credit standing and meets other requirements.