Transfer Student Admission
If you are considering transferring to Houston Baptist University, you are in good company. Each year, transfer students come for many reasons: the quality of our academic programs, our generous transfer merit awards, our small class sizes and low student-to-faculty ratio, and the welcoming Christian environment.
Texas Community College Guarantee
Houston Baptist University has recently announced guaranteed admission for students who have completed an associate’s degree at a community college in Texas. Learn more about our agreement with local community colleges.
Transfer On-Site Acceptance
Thurs., Dec. 1, 2022, and March 30, 2023
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
For prospective and admitted transfer students.
HBU is offering on-the-spot admission to potential transfer attendees. Please plan to attend with your official or unofficial transcripts ready to share. You will have a chance to tour our campus with one of our Husky Ambassadors and attend an information session led by our transfer counselor Doannie Pimentel. During the event, we will provide admission decisions for completed applications as well as an unofficial evaluation of your transcript to help you determine how your courses will transfer.
Saturdays at HBU
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
For high school students and prospective transfer students
Join us for a Saturday morning visit to get a close-up look at A Higher Education during Saturdays at HBU. Our Admissions Counselors will host information sessions to help provide insight about life and learning here at HBU. Following the information session, enjoy exploring HBU thanks to a campus tour! Family members are welcome to attend.
Will my credit hours transfer?
- If you have attended a college or university in the state of Texas, please see our course equivalency guide.
- If the course is not on the above list, you can compare your earned credits via the Texas Common Course Numbering System reference table.
- Contact the Admissions Office for detailed information
What happens after I am admitted?
- You will receive the following items in the mail:
- Acceptance letter
- Transfer Merit Award (eligibility dependent on 15 hours of transferable credit and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5)
- Progress Toward Degree (PTD) explaining how all of your credits transferred.