Veterans Affairs Benefits and Services

The Office of the Registrar acts as the liaison between the student Veteran, the Veterans Administration, and Houston Baptist University.

What services are provided?

  • Assistance for students wishing to apply for VA benefits
  • Certification of enrollment for students already attending Houston Baptist University



Who can receive services?

  • Active duty veterans (Chapter 30)
  • Veterans on the VA Vocational Rehabilitation program (Chapter 31)
  • Post – Vietnam ‘Education Assistance Program (VEAP) (Chapter 32)
  • Post 911 Gil Bill (Chapter 33)
  • Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
  • Students who are eligible to receive benefits under the Survivors and Dependents Assistance Program (Chapter 35)

How do I get my enrollment certification completed?
For new and returning VA students, please complete the Request/Change for VA Certification form and submit via email to, fax -281-649-3440, mail or in person in the Office of the Registrar.

ROTC Programs
Qualified HBU students who desire to earn appointments as commissioned officers in the Air Force, Army or Navy have the opportunity to participate in ROTC training through agreements with Rice University and the University of Houston.

Learn more about the ROTC programs.

© 2020 Academics