Candidates for a *single major undergraduate baccalaureate degree must complete the following requirements:
*Students completing a double major should consult their HBU catalog and see their advisor for detailed requirements.
- Complete a total of at least 125 credit hours with no fewer than 30 semester hours of upper level courses.
- No more than four (4) credit hours of activity courses in Kinesiology will count towards the 125 credit hour requirement.
- Complete at least 54 credit hours of Smith College Requirements or at least 58 credit hours of the Liberal Arts Core Curriculum.
- Each major may have its own prescribed Smith College or Liberal Arts Core Requirements. Please see your advisor in your major.
- Complete graduation proficiencies. Students must complete all proficiencies before a degree plan is filed.
- Complete 36 credit hours in residency at HBU including at least 12 advanced credit hours (3000 or 4000) in their major. If completing a minor, this includes at least 9 advanced credit hours in the minor in residency at HBU.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.00 with no grade below “C” in courses required for the major, minor or proficiency.
- Once admitted to HBU, prior approval must be obtained for any courses taken at another college. Students can only transfer up to 18 credit hours once they have matriculated at HBU.
- File a degree plan with the Office of the Registrar before 64 credit hours have been completed.
- File an Intent to Graduate application with the Office of the Registrar at least two (2) semesters before the anticipated date of graduation.