Change of Major
Thinking about changing your academic major? HBU has these resources available to assist in your decision:
Evaluate your degree program options
HBU offers you so many options to put you on track to a great career!
- Review all undergraduate degree programs offered by HBU on the website.
- Explore the pathways of the programs that may interest you to learn about course work requirements.
- Use the “What-If” tool in Degree Works to analyze what your academic progress will look like if you change your major.
- Research potential career opportunities using resources on the Career and Calling website.
Things to consider
- Think about what subjects you have enjoyed and subjects you have been successful in.
- Many majors give you skills and abilities that can be used in a variety of career fields.
- Make the best decision for yourself.
- Determine if Financial Aid will be affected by changing your major.
- Talk to your student success specialist or academic advisor to discuss your interests and understand degree requirements.
- Contact the department that you are interested in to learn more about this field and career opportunities.
- Visit with your Financial Aid Department to discuss your financial aid eligibility.
- To officially change your major or minor, you must complete a Change of Major request.