The library has a self-guided tutorial service and is beginning to create more. These are available 24/7. Be sure to check again for new additions!
OneSearch and Searching Strategies
- Instruction Videos – includes things like using PsycTests, samples searching for kinesiology and education, Mental Measurements, ERIC, APA, and interlibrary loans. Recorded by our Instruction Librarian, Diane Casebier.
- Using Mental Measurements Yearbook (Diane Casebier)
- How to Do A Basic Search (Platform overview)
- What Is the Mind Map?
- Finding Reference Books on CredoReference
- What Are Topic Pages?
- Research Paper Help Center
- The landing page will provide a variety of tabs organized by topics. Click on the topic closest to what you need or click through to see the variety of tutorials or videos. If something strikes your interest, click the link at the bottom of the page.
- Getting Smart with Information (or Help: I’m Writing A Research Paper) [full suite]
- This organized by expandable sections. Click on the topic to view video or textual help. To give you an idea, here are some of the many topics: getting started with research, narrowing topics, help with thesis statements, background tips, information searching tips, learning the differences between primary, secondary resources and peer-reviewed sources, choosing and narrowing topics, understanding the various types of information methods, how to evaluate and de-bunk information, and understanding various citation styles.
- Using JSTOR to Start Your Research
- About the Moving Wall
- An Introduction to Searching on JSTOR
- Citation Management: Exporting Citations from JSTOR
- Citation Management: Permanently Linking to Content on JSTOR
- Content Management: Missing Issues on JSTOR
- Images in Search Results
- Search Help: Resources & Overview
- Searching for and within Specific Journals or Books
- Searching: Are JSTOR articles peer-reviewed?
- Searching: Boolean Operators
- Searching: Finding a Specific Phrase, Title or Author
- Searching: Finding Content You Have Access To
- Searching: Truncation, Wildcards and Proximity
- Searching: Using Fields
- Using Text Analyzer