The library has a self-guided tutorial service and is beginning to create more. These are available 24/7. Be sure to check again for new additions!
OneSearch and Searching Strategies
- Instruction Videos – includes things like using PsycTests, samples searching for kinesiology and education, Mental Measurements, ERIC, APA, and interlibrary loans. Recorded by our Instruction Librarian, Diane Casebier.
- Using Mental Measurements Yearbook (Diane Casebier)
- How to Do A Basic Search (Platform overview)
- What Is the Mind Map?
- Finding Reference Books on CredoReference
- What Are Topic Pages?
- Information Literacy
- This organized by expandable sections. Click on the topic to view video or textual help. To give you an idea, here are some of the many topics: getting started with research, narrowing topics, help with thesis statements, background tips, information searching tips, learning the differences between primary, secondary resources and peer-reviewed sources, choosing and narrowing topics, understanding the various types of information methods, how to evaluate and de-bunk information, and understanding various citation styles.